I checked back in to see how Chris Bradley was doing with his web show Suitcase Startup and his company Publicate. This week the focus was on raising financing. It was a moderately interesting episode to watch if you haven’t heard many VC’s speak about how they choose who they invest in. Unfortunately, I’d already heard all the tips given. Here’s a short list for anyone interested.
- They invest in teams not ideas.
- They invest in people they feel like they could work with.
- Ideas aren’t important. Execution is important.
- It’s best to get an introduction from someone the VC trusts.
- Meeting VC’s at events can often be better than calling to get a meeting because they can get a better feel of who you are in a more social/less business setting.